Thursday, April 3, 2014

Microsoft Build Event

I didn't realize that last night (MY time) was the starting date for Microsoft's Build event, until I saw in an email notification of mine..

Not in the mood to turn on my PC to watch the keynote, I did it on my Lumia..


Live streaming screenshot taken from my Lumia..


Day 1 saw a hefty load of interesting topics. But I was more keen on "Universal Xaml language and TypeScript.

The former, being a great thing to many win phone developers, we can now target  apps for Windows 8.1 as well.. That's a good thing as you don't need to write two different xaml apps - potentially some tweaking is needed nonetheless. I've blogged before that IOS and Android already have this capability, but for me, coming from a .NET developer point of view, it is something worth waiting for - albeit a bit late in the game.

The latter, on the other hand is something I look forward to see more. What is Typescript?

TypeScript is a free and open source programming language developed by Microsoft. It is a strict superset of JavaScript, and adds optional static typing and class-based object-oriented programming to the language. Anders Hejlsberg, lead architect of C# and creator of Delphi and Turbo Pascal, has worked on development of TypeScript.
reference: wikipedia

I don't know anything about TypeScript although I've heard people talking about it. My bet is it has something to do with javascript and web development... I might just look into it as well in the near future...


I'll write more on this.. so stay tuned..

No comments :

Post a Comment